Wednesday, 1 August 2012


My Reaction to the Third SONA
                As a Filipino, I really appreciate his effort to fulfill some of his promises may it be well done or not and I can see that his works last year especially in the field of education were sincerely taken cared of. Today as he started his promises for this year. I’m looking forward for these especially in the increase of budget in education field. There has a sustained budget increase for primary and tertiary education from school year 2010-2012 according to PNOY, I can sense that he has the desire to make all these possible and really double his efforts in this field where the future of youth like me are involved. He also pointed out his promise last year about the implementation of K to 12 program in response to the need to improve the competitiveness of the country’s graduate as the ten-year basic education  cycle is seen as inadequate for work and higher education of the department of education (DEPED). Fortunately, it actually done and approve because the program seeks to provide more for mastery of concepts and skills, to develop lifelong learners, and to prepare graduates for tertiary education, middle-level skills development employment and entrepreneurship. Also the approval of Republic Act 10157, an act institutionalizing the kindergarten education into the basic education system and appropriating funds signed on January 20, 2012. Grade 1 and 7 are incoming first year high school will be the first to undergo the K to 12 elementary and junior high school curriculum.

No comments:

Post a Comment